263: Freestyle Friday | Five Elements of an Effective Reach Out
In this latest episode of The Only Business Networking Podcast on iTunes, Your host Travis Chappell gives listeners a glimpse of what’s in his free Meet Your Hero course available at travischappell.com. Learn the five elements of an effective message to busy people and find out how Travis has been able to connect with high-level people so quickly.
The five elements of an effective message to busy people:
- 1. Lead with value - mention something specific about them that impacted you.
- 2. Give information - you have a limited amount of words, give quick, pertinent info and hyperlink to your site.
- 3. Build a meaningful request - do not ask to “pick their brain.”
- 4. Offer credibility - give social proof and have someone’s name or a brand name next to yours.
- 5. “Thanks in advance” - This subconsciously creates a desire to finish the loop.
3 Key Points:
- Always be specific when reaching out to someone busy, they will know if you just copied and pasted info from their site.
- Never ask someone if you can “pick their brain” or how you can add value, that just adds homework to their plate.
- Always say “thanks in advance” to prompt someone to respond.
- “DO NOT ask someone if you can pick their brain for a while, or ask them what you can do that could add value to them.” -Travis
- “Figure out a way to add value to someone and then just do it.” -Travis
- “Recognizable names, words, and friends of people stand out.” -Travis
- “Check out the free meet your hero course at my website to get all my value pieces on this topic.” -Travis
- Visit Travis’ website at https://www.travischappell.com
- Get your free mastermind course from Travis here: Freemmcourse.com/enroll
- Enroll in Travis’ VIP day experience.
- Learn how Travis books his guests on the show download Meet Your Hero for free at travischappell.com/hero
- Explode Your Network at travischappell.com/explode
- Download the Himalaya app free in iTunes and Google Play