264: Shaun T | Journey to BeachBody Part 2
In this, the latest episode of The Only Business Networking Podcast on iTunes, American motivational speaker fitness trainer, motivator and expert talks to your host Travis Chappell about the time he was a stripper, what his journey to becoming a Beachbody coach and trainer looked like, and how hard work spills over into every aspect of your life.
How Shaun became a stripper for a period of time and what the proportion of income was between being a trainer and a stripper.
Shaun continued on and booked a couple of musicals, he got injured before going on tour.
Mariah Carey called to book Shaun T as a backup dancer based only on his headshot.
- A few months later he landed his first gig with Beachbody - Hip Hop Abs.
- The program completely changed his life and helped him be more financially stable.
- Shaun knew that if he could just change one person’s life that would be worth it.
Shaun developed Rockin’ Body and then shortly after he developed Insanity.
Growth and money come from the growth within your soul and body.
Which Beachbody program means the most to Shaun T:
- Insanity, because people were motivated by what Shaun was saying to encourage them.
- The program taught him to speak from the heart and be authentic.
When you work hard every single day it seeps out into other areas of your life.
If you’re going through something, it’s okay, that’s where growth happens.
Shaun talks about his online support group.
Why Shaun believes that what you know is more important than who you know.
- What people know will give you education for what you can know.
If you get someone’s business card, you need to write on the back of the card what they told you.
What you Google about someone is not the same as what someone is willing to tell you.
The Random Round
What profession other than your own do you think it would be fun to attempt?
- A massage therapist
- The human body is amazing and he knows what stress can do to people.
If you could sit on a park bench with anyone past or present and talk with them for an hour, who would it be and why?
- Will Smith
- They have a similar sense of humor and he’s from Philly like Shaun.
How do you like to consume content?
One of Shaun’s favorite podcasts.
Shaun’s morning routine:
- Wake up before the rest of the family and has 45min - 1 hour alone.
- Drinks a full glass of water, then coffee
- Wake up and play with the boys
- Gets onto Team Shaun T and begins the day
What is your go-to pump up song?
- Lose Control by Missy Elliott
What is something you’re not very good at?
What is one place online where we can find Shaun the most?
3 Key Points:
- Treat everything you do like a business and use what you’re doing as a stepping stone for the next thing.
- Whatever job you’re doing at this exact moment, you have to treat it as if it’s your own - you have to create success before you feel it.
- Have a text conversation with new connections within 48 hours for the best connection.
- “I like to try everything once because if you say no, you’ll never know.” -Shaun
- “Success happens way before you get that successful moment.” -Shaun
- “If you speak from the heart and be authentic and real it will help people.” -Shaun
- “Everyone is in the closet about something.” -Shaun
- Visit Travis’ website at Buildyournetwork.co
- Join the Build Your Network Facebook group <a href="http://www.buildyournetwork.co/fb/"...