267: Sanja Hatter | The #1 Business Event of the Year
Sanja Hatter is the co-founder of Thrive Make Money Matter. This year Thrive is from May 31st through June 2nd at the Hard Rock Hotel in Las Vegas. Sanja talks about her unique story, how to instill an entrepreneurial mindset in your kids, why building self-confidence is so crucial to anything that you do, and the three reasons you should go to Thrive this year.
- Sanja was born in Serbia and immigrated her when she was 4, both of her parents worked two jobs.
- Sanja went to Cal State Long Beach and earned a criminal justice degree.
- Sanja’s parents immigrated because of war breaking out in Eastern Europe
- Her social life in elementary school was not extremely affected by her immigration status.
- She was really good at school growing up and helped raise her younger sister.
- She worked really hard in college with two full-time jobs and she saved all her money.
- Travis Chappell went to Bible school and double majored in Bible and theology.
- How Sanja wants her children to grow up and feel about work.
- How Sanja is instilling an entrepreneurial spirit in her children.
- How Travis and his sister invested money from the time they were young and bought their first investment property in their early 20’s.
- Some lessons Sanja has learned from her biggest losses.
- The doors that have opened from Sanja’s fitness competition and beauty pageant.
- How Sanja and Cole differentiate Thrive from other similar conferences.
- If introverts can position themselves to be the person people want to connect with, they won’t have to use as many of their energy reserves.
- How Cole and Sanja best manage their time and balance their businesses and family.
- Sanja would rather do all of her work at once and the spend focused time with her kids.
- The role that self-confidence plays in business and success.
- Sanja knew what she wanted when she did her bikini competition and beauty pageant.
- A glimpse of Thrive 2019:
- 20+ speakers - Andy Frisella, Lisa Bilyeu, Billy Gene, etc.
- Each speaker is a different genre and an expert in their field.
- The people who come to Thrive have learned how to make a difference in the world.
- Dan Fleyshman’s non-profit will be supported at the pool party at the end of the event.
- The attendees at Thrive are better than many other events out there.
- Do you believe that who you know or what you know is more important, and why?
- It’s definitely not what you know - there are so many people who know so much, but if they don’t know how to get it out there they won’t be successful.
The Random Round
- What profession other than your own do you think it would be fun to attempt?
- A producer or director to make movies.
- If you could sit on a park bench with anyone past or present and talk with them for an hour, who would it be and why?
- Sarah Blakely
- She is a phenomenal mom and business owner.
- How do you like to consume content?
- Videos and audio
- Sanja’s morning routine:
- What is your go-to pump up song?
- What is something you’re not very good at?
- What is one place online where we can find Sanja the most?
- @SanjaHatter on Instagram
3 Key Points:
- You will always learn lessons, even from your failures. Sanja and Cole lost over $200,000 on their first Thrive.
- Thrive blossoms because of the people who come to the event, they’re high-quality and really want to make their money matter.
- Having balance is just doing what makes you happy, there will always be chaos.
- “I want my kids to understand, ‘work hard, play hard.’” -Sanja
- “Thrive stands out because we have credible speakers and attendees.” -Sanja
- “Sometimes you just have to... For information regarding your data privacy, visit acast.com/privacy