27. Understanding Builds Community
Today we’re talking about how seeking and cultivating understanding builds unity and fosters community. Understanding is the first part of the tenet of Wisdom.
Intentional Optimism - Your Vehicle for Personal Growth:
- Optimistic = The hull, the vehicle that gets you from island A to island B.
- Present = The centerboard - keeps you upright, focused, centered.
- Energetic = The sail - captures & harnesses the wind, propelling you forward.
- Courageous = The rigging - holds everything together in proper tension, resilience.
- Wise = The rudder - keeps you on track, heading in the right direction.
- Intentional = Setting everything up to properly capture the wind.
Topics discussed in this episode:
- Look for the Spiritual in the ordinary
- Get real - be willing to see the good and the bad
- Pursue a 360° view of life
Start small. Start asking yourself some honest questions:
- Do I seek to understand? Or do I only want to be understood?
- Is it my goal to understand the perspectives of those outside my “group?”
- Where do I go for information, when I want to understand a particular topic?
- What do I hope to gain from any new knowledge I discover in my search?
- Where is my north star? Is my boat headed in a direction that aligns with my values and beliefs? Do I need to adjust that by pursuing more understanding in certain areas?
Next, if you’re ready to work on it, here are the ways I pursue understanding…
- Look for the Spiritual in the Ordinary. Acknowledging we are human helps keep us humble.
- Get real - be willing to see the good AND the bad. Without that understanding, the true beauty and depth of our own existence never gets a chance to shine through.
- Pursue a 360° view of life. Don’t limit your view.
Interested in a small group coaching opportunity? Email me at email@example.com
Do want to be part of a community that practices, encourages and supports being Intentionally Optimistic? Join me over in the Intentional Optimists Facebook Group
Support the show (https://www.buymeacoffee.com/AndreaJohnson)
Noom: A Mindful Way to Eat
Learn how to intentionally challenge your mindset in order to take control of your health.
Disclaimer: This post contains affiliate links. If you make a purchase, I may receive a commission at no extra cost to you.