271: Who or What Part 9 with Hither Mann, Joel Brown, and Dan Fleyshman
In Part 9 of the Who or What Series, on the only Business Networking Podcast on iTunes, Hither Mann from Fortune Academy, Joel Brown from AddictedtoSuccess.com, and Dan Fleyshman, the youngest founder of a public company in history talk to your host Travis Chappell about the ongoing debate of whether who you know or what you know is more important, and why.
- Hither is a multi-million dollar real estate and forex investor out of London.
- Networking is about building relationships - you’re only annoying if you’re not genuine.
- People treat networking like it’s door to door sales, but that’s not how relationship building is.
- Always know what you want before you enter, know the end goal first.
- The first level of learning is knowledge, the second it understanding, the third is wisdom which is gained through application.
- Joel would double down on great relationships if he had to choose one, but growing his knowledge was also critically important.
- There’s a difference between an informational coach and a transformational coach.
- Speaker, angel investor, and youngest founder of a publicly traded company in history.
- Who you know is most important, and it’s not even close.
- You don’t need to know what what every expert knows, you need to know the people who can leverage their knowledge.
- Dan talks about a time when a connection led to a moment of success.
- The number one most important practice that has allowed Dan to build relationships.
- Dan adds value on a massive scale and when he does ask for something he’s very direct.
3 Key Points:
- Don’t focus on the money, focus on the relationship.
- To learn you need knowledge, understanding, and wisdom.
- It’s not what you know, it’s what they know - you skip the line by knowing people who have already done what you want to do.
- “The basis of your success is who you know.” -Hither
- “You get paid based off of how much conflict you can face and break through.” -Joel
- “I fast-forwarded 27 years of experience by knowing the people who already know it all.” -Dan
- “People can’t buy access, cool, or information.” -Dan
- Visit Travis’ website at Buildyournetwork.co
- Learn more about mentorships and masterminds for FREE at freemmcourse.com/enroll
- Download Meet Your Hero at travischappell.com/hero
- Explode Your Network at travischappell.com/explode
- Go to Rothys.com/Travis to check out comfortable, sustainable shoes.