274: Who or What Part 10 with Michael O'Neal, Drew Manning, and Omar Zenhom
In Part 10 of the Who or What Series, on the only Business Networking Podcast on iTunes, Michael O’Neil from The SoloPreneur Hour, Drew Manning from Fit to Fat to Fit, and Omar Zenhom from the $100 MBA Show talk to your host Travis Chappell about whether they believe who or what is more important, and why.
- Everything Michael does is done with a purpose.
- Michael attributes 100% of his success to his podcast, it has helped him connect with people.
- You can know people but if you can’t back it up, it’s a problem.
- The most important things to do to network at a conference:
- Walk into every conference with two pressing questions you have about your business.
- Have a six-work intro.
- Started as a personal trainer and couldn’t understand why his clients wouldn’t just workout.
- Drew gained a lot of weight on purpose and then lost it again to better understand his clients mindsets.
- How Drew leveraged his story to get on major networks, blogs, and big outlets.
- You never know where networking is going to land yu and help you connect the dots.
- Who you know is more important because knowledge can be obtained later on.
- Nobody cares what you know unless they know that you care.
- Founder of Webinar Ninja and the $100 MBA Show.
- You don’t know what will happen in life but who you know will help you.
- People are more willing to help a friend out than a stranger.
- There shouldn’t be a difference between networking and making friends.
- Be open and say yes to certain opportunities when they present themselves.
3 Key Points:
- Knowing people give you opportunities, knowing things keeps opportunities coming.
- A consistent effort in networking creates a strong and healthy brand.
- Don’t look to get something out of someone, just look to make friends.
- “Unequivocally, nothing is more important than relationships in your life.” -Michael O’Neil
- “Networking has to be nonstop, it’s like fitness.” -Drew Manning
- “I’m more eager to help a friend out than a random stranger.” -Omar Zenhom
- Visit Travis’ website at Buildyournetwork.co
- Learn more about mentorships and masterminds for FREE at freemmcourse.com/enroll
- Download Meet Your Hero at travischappell.com/hero
- Explode Your Network at travischappell.com/explode
- Go to Rothys.com/Travis to check out comfortable, sustainable shoes.
For information regarding your data privacy, visit acast.com/privacy