277: Topic | Who or What Part 11 with Steve Sims, Bedros Keuilian, and Chris Ducker
In Part 11 of the Who or What Series, on the only Business Networking Podcast on iTunes, Steve Sims the author of Bluefishing and The Art of Making Things Happen, Bedros Keuilian founder of Fit Body Bootcamp and author of Man Up, and Chris Ducker author of Rise of the YouPreneur talk to your host Travis Chappell about whether who you know or what you know is more important, and why.
- Steve Sims
- The real-life Wizard of Oz according to Forbes.
- Steve creates and delivers high-end luxury experiences to the billionaires of the world.
- Who you know is the only thing that matters.
- Steve’s story about a time when something wasn’t coming together but then a connection led to success.
- Strategies to create win-win situations.
- Find out what a potential contact is interested in and make a way to get into the room with them.
- Bedros Keuilian
- Get a mentor who’s already living the life you want.
- When you change your network you change everything about you.
- Proximity is power and environmental exposure is king.
- When you get around people you start to pick up their habits.
- Who you know is more important because the things you don’t know you can get from other people.
- Chris Ducker
- Author of the book YouPreneur and founder of the YouPreneur movement in the U.K.
- The reason who you know is most important is because it opens up opportunities and allows you to grow a lot faster.
- Many people don’t understand the importance of networking.
- Relationships are what happens over a period of time.
- As human beings, we love to buy, but we hate being sold to.
3 Key Points:
- Relationships are key to getting important doors open.
- Before you step into a better network, you have to cut ties with your old network.
- You need to see the power of networking to understand how important it is.
- “The only currency I care about is relationships.” -Steve
- “So many people focus on why something shouldn’t happen, rather than why it should.” -Steve
- “Most people are hanging out with chickens and ducks, yet they want to soar like an eagle.” -Bedros
- “Education is important, but when you’re having a bad day and need to be picked up by someone, who you know is going to do that.” -Chris
- “You should be treasuring relationships, not using them.” -Chris
- Visit Travis’ website at Buildyournetwork.co
- Learn more about mentorships and masterminds for FREE at freemmcourse.com/enroll
- Explode Your Network at travischappell.com/explode
- Book Recommendation: Bluefishing by Steve Sims
- Book Recommendation: Think and Grow Rich by Napoleon Hill