278: Freestyle Friday | My Advice for 20 Year Olds
You should be creating and releasing some sort of content no matter what business you’re in. In this Freestyle Friday episode of Build Your Network, the only business networking podcast on iTunes, your host Travis Chappel talks about how
- Get a job - learn something and start earning some money.
- Get a job with these qualifications:
- Earn while you learn.
- Work for someone you admire.
- Try a lot of things - industries, jobs, professions.
- Don’t spend money on things.
- Spend money on learning and invest in experiences.
- Things depreciate and then you’ve wasted your money.
- Get better at communication.
- Do door to door, telemarketing, or network marketing.
- You’ll get great at reading body language.
- Get out there, don’t be afraid to fail.
3 Key Points:
- If you can earn while you learn then you can have a leg up on everyone coming out of college with crushing debt.
- A job isn’t necessarily a bad thing, you just need to apply a few qualifications.
- Save to invest, don’t save to spend.
- “Don’t underestimate the value of having a job.” -Travis
- “It’s incredible to me that we expect high schoolers to know what they want to do with their lives when most adults don’t.” -Travis
- “Door to door, telemarketing, and network marketing will help your communication skills go through the roof.” -Travis
- Visit Travis’ website at https://www.travischappell.com
- Learn how Travis books his guests on the show download Meet Your Hero for free at travischappell.com/hero
- Download the Himalaya app free in iTunes and Google Play
For information regarding your data privacy, visit acast.com/privacy