28. Future Proofing Careers - Valerie Zaric
Valerie Zaric is a futuristic career strategist who helps her listeners and clients handle career uncertainty. She has over a decade of experience in corporate operations specializing in leadership, data analysis, relationship building, and the customer experience. With an undergraduate degree in Art and master’s degree in Library and Information Science, she was inspired to combine her corporate experience with her creative background to start a career-themed podcast and radio show to help reduce the career anxiety she was witnessing all around her.
Topics discussed in this episode:
- Leadership Principle
- Getting the team you need to achieve the common goal
- Follow your curiosity
- Developing soft skills
- Understanding where they are and what they have
- Key Habit
- Plot out time 7 day look ahead
- Top 3 Most Important Task list (MIT) - help me reach my goals for the week
- Use a Planner (she uses Day Designer)
- Believe in yourself - be fearless and have confidence
- Be passionate about what you do
- Be consistent - show up when you say you will
- Summarize your findings first with data
- Are you learning - are you growing - if not, give yourself permission to move on to a new opportunity
- Understand what your experience and strengths are
Resources mentioned in this episode:
(As an Amazon Associate I earn from qualifying purchases)
Good to Great: Why Some Companies Make the Leap and Others Don't , by Jim Collins (#commissions earned)
Day Designer Planners by Blue Sky (2021) (#commissions earned)
Podcast: Visualize You with Beth Hewitt
Do want to be part of a community that practices, encourages and supports being Intentionally Optimistic? Join me over in the Intentional Optimists Facebook Group
Get your own DISC Assessment, and don't forget the 10% discount (code "PODCAST") at check out!
Email me at email@example.com so I can be your professional encourager!
● Follow on Instagram @theintentionaloptimist
● Linked In Andrea Johnson
Support the show (https://www.buymeacoffee.com/AndreaJohnson)
Noom: A Mindful Way to Eat
Learn how to intentionally challenge your mindset in order to take control of your health.
Disclaimer: This post contains affiliate links. If you make a purchase, I may receive a commission at no extra cost to you.