282: Rylee Meek | $80 Million from Hosting Dinners
Rylee Meek is the founder and CEO of the Social Dynamic Selling System which turns dinner seminar marketing into a science. Rylee has produced over $80 million in sales over the past 8 years and is not on a mission to help other entrepreneurs and business owners to reach their goals. Rylee talks to your host Travis Chappell about how to use dinner seminars in your business, why everyone should use some sort of direct sales at one point or another, and why failure is such a huge part of success. Get tactical and practical tips in this episode of the Build Your Network Podcast.
- Rylee grew up in small-town South Dakota and decided at 15 to work and contribute.
- He started his entrepreneurial journey young and learned about personal development.
- After feeling like a complete failure in business he went on to get into insurance.
- He did well in insurance but didn’t want to do that for the rest of his life.
- He made a decent amount of money in sales and he knew he wanted to be in health and fitness.
- He bought a 24 Hour Fitness franchise and found that he was working hard and making little.
- Rylee started his first company selling home improvement products to make their houses more energy efficient.
- He realized that his passion wasn’t selling products but pouring into people.
- Rylee’s new book Food for Thought talks about how to use dinner seminar marketing to grow your business.
- The book is broken down into six different categories from choosing the restaurant to how to scale.
- The foundation of why dinner marketing works well is that you’re not there to sell them, you’re there to establish yourself as the authoritative figure in your market.
- The target profit margin you need to be able to sustain.
- Everything Rylee has had success with has been through a relationship.
- Even though Rylee has been very successful he’s still always in a mentorship or a mastermind.
- You have to have a system in place and operate with intent - don’t just let life happen to you.
The Random Round:
- What profession other than your own do you think it would be fun to attempt?
- If you could sit on a park bench with anyone past or present and talk with them for an hour, who would it be and why?
- Nicola Tesla
- How do you like to consume content?
- Rylee’s favorite podcasts:
- Bulletproof with Dave Asprey
- Rylee’s morning routine:
- Wake up and sit in a hot tub
- Sit in sauna
- Read a little bit
- He reads, prays, and meditates in the morning
- What is your go-to pump up song?
- Remember the Name
- What is something you’re not very good at?
- Mechanical things
- What is one place online where we can find Rylee the most?
3 Key Points:
- You can be as passionate as you want but if you don’t have a sales system you won’t be successful.
- You need a system that’s predictable, sustainable, and scalable.
- You never know what could happen if you’re open to opportunity.
- “Do the uncomfortable until it becomes comfortable.” -Rylee
- “Money isn’t everything until you don’t have enough of it.” -Rylee
- “The goal is to do more, be more, become more.” -Rylee