283: Topic | Who or What Part 13 with Craig Ballantyne, Brian McRae, and Nicholas Bayerle
In Part 13 of the Who or What Series, on the only Business Networking Podcast on iTunes, Craig Ballantyne, author of A Perfect Day Formula and Unstoppable, Brian McRae founder of Mastermind St. Louis, and Nicholas Bayerle, from the Billion Dollar Body talk to your host Travis Chappell about whether they think who or what is more important, and why.
- Craig Ballantyne
- Great online marketer and influencer whose content is second to none.
- Listening is key, try to repeat back a summary of what they said.
- You have to change your mindset around things you don’t want to do.
- Who you know is most important because it leads to someone who can teach you what you need to know.
- Anything you can leverage to change someone's perspective and make you feel comfortable in a situation you should do.
- Brian McRae
- Has created a meetup group in St. Louis which has helped build and explode his business.
- Competence at the core level is results.
- What you learn is how you can add value to other people.
- If you want to learn something, teach it.
- Nicholas Bayerle
- Has grown a lifestyle fitness brand from nothing into a very successful business.
- Knowing stuff is great, but it’s not the most valuable thing on the earth.
- You have to build relationship equity and wisely choose when to withdraw it.
- Pay to play, show up, utilize Dream 100.
- Don’t be offendable, assume the best.
3 Key Points:
- Listening is key and it’s a skill anyone can learn.
- You need to become the person who people want to learn from.
- Pay to play and show up.
- “Position of strength is an underrated aspect of networking.” -Craig
- “I can trace back all of my business over the years to two relationships.” -Brian
- “Since I was 18 years old I’ve taught myself to always go.” -Nicholas
- Visit Travis’ website at Buildyournetwork.co
- Learn more about mentorships and masterminds for FREE at freemmcourse.com/enroll
- Explode Your Network at travischappell.com/explode
- Check out the Himalaya app of iTunes or Google Play
- Get sustainable shoes for women from rothys.com/travis