287: Freestyle Friday | How to Get People to Connect with You
On this episode of Freestyle Friday your host, Travis Chappell talks about how to become a person that people want to connect with. Learn three tangible ways you can grow a good size audience and become a sought after connection.
- There’s a big difference between trying to connect with other people and being the person people want to connect with.
- Constantly be working on yourself to be sure you’re the type of person people want to connect with.
- Three ways to become a person people want to connect with:
- 1) Become a person of influence.
- 2) Become a person of interest.
- 3) Become a person of value.
- You might not understand how you can add value to someone when you’re getting started.
- The value that you provide can change over time.
- If you continue to add value to people, that’s how you build real relationships.
- If you implement the three ways people will want to connect with you and you’ll use less energy.
3 Key Points:
- When you have the stage and the influence you become the person people want to connect with.
- Become a person of interest - being interesting and recognizable are two different things.
- Figure out a way that you can add value to people.
- “There’s a big difference between trying to connect with other people and being the person people want to connect with.” -Travis
- “If you build up influence you have something of incredible value that people seek after.” -Travis
- “Be interested AND interesting.” -Travis
- Visit Travis’ website at https://www.travischappell.com
- Take action and meet your hero at TravisChappell.com/hero
- Visit TravisChappell.com/YouTube and subscribe.
- Download the Himalaya app free in iTunes and Google Play
For information regarding your data privacy, visit acast.com/privacy