29. Living With Purpose
Today we’re talking about how to live with Purpose. It’s not as difficult as you might think. Purpose is the first piece of the tenet of Intentional.
Intentional Optimism - Your Vehicle for Personal Growth:
- Optimistic = The hull, the vehicle that gets you from island A to island B.
- Present = The centerboard - keeps you upright, focused, centered.
- Energetic = The sail - captures & harnesses the wind, propelling you forward.
- Courageous = The rigging - holds everything together in proper tension, resilience.
- Wise = The rudder - keeps you on track, heading in the right direction.
- Intentional = Setting everything up to properly capture the wind.
Topics discussed in this episode:
- Know your “Why”
- Put caring for others, first.
- Pick a direction, and GO!
Now what? Start small.
- Discover your own WHY. Simon Sinek’s “Why” TED talk, or better yet, read Start with Why. Or, try my one page Discovering Your Core Values Exercise.
- Find somewhere to volunteer. This will build community, connection and your own well-being.
- Pick a direction. It’s always easier to change direction than start, so get MOVING!
Interested in a small group coaching opportunity? Email me at email@example.com
Do want to be part of a community that practices, encourages and supports being Intentionally Optimistic? Join me over in the Intentional Optimists Facebook Group
Gab your FREE:
Andrea's Favorite Planning & Productivity tools
“Ultimate DISC communication Cheat Sheet”
Get your own DISC Assessment, and don't forget the 10% discount (code "PODCAST") at check out!
Email me at firstname.lastname@example.org so I can be your professional encourager!
● Follow on Instagram @theintentionaloptimist
● Linked In Andrea Johnson
Support the show (https://www.buymeacoffee.com/AndreaJohnson)
Noom: A Mindful Way to Eat
Learn how to intentionally challenge your mindset in order to take control of your health.
Disclaimer: This post contains affiliate links. If you make a purchase, I may receive a commission at no extra cost to you.