290: Freestyle Friday | How to Network on Facebook
On this episode of Freestyle Friday your host, Travis Chappell talks how to use Facebook to grow your network. You don’t have to spend money on Facebook ads to use the platform as a powerful tool. With the right mix of content and engagement and a great looking timeline you can grow your network.
- Optimize your Facebook timeline.
- Many people expect Facebook to be easy to harness, but they don’t spend any time on it.
- Optimize your profile and cover photos as free advertising space.
- People need to know who you are and what you do as soon as they get to your timeline.
- Have a clear concise “I help” statement.
- Only have one featured photo that directs people to a landing page.
- Post good content.
- If people see something of value and engagement, they’ll probably stick around.
- Be sure to use Facebook stories and Facebook live.
- Join Facebook groups that are both inside and outside of your industry and be actively involved.
- There are a lot of ways to use Facebook as a platform without spending money.
3 Key Points:
- Your Facebook timeline is free online billboard space.
- If Facebook wants you to use a feature it probably optimizes you in the algorithm.
- Be active and provide value in Facebook groups.
- “If you’re expecting to get business, you need to clean up your Facebook timeline, it’s free space for you.” -Travis
- “People have short attention spans, don’t give them an excuse not to connect with you.” -Travis
- “You don’t have to spend money on Facebook to get value from it.” -Travis
- Visit Travis’ website at https://www.travischappell.com
- Take action and meet your hero at TravisChappell.com/hero
- Visit TravisChappell.com/YouTube and subscribe.
- Download the Himalaya app free in iTunes and Google Play
- Learn how to grow your network on your terms FREE at travischappell.com/explode
- Upgrade your brain and become a high-performer, subscribe to The Jordan Harbinger Show