291: Judge Graham | How to Scale to Nine Figures and Sell
Judge Graham a hard-hitting, action-oriented entrepreneur with a successful track record of growing companies and selling them for hundreds of millions of dollars. His companies have won numerous high profile business accolades and he has been featured in multiple media outlets. Judge hosts the Scale and Exit podcast and is an acclaimed author and speaker. Judge talks to your host Travis Chappell about how to scale your business, how to build a sellable company, and why you should be building a personal brand.
- Judge grew up in an average middle-class family with hardworking parents.
- He grew up appreciating what things would cost.
- Surrounding yourself with the right people makes a huge difference.
- You have to have a heightened sense of urgency to win.
- You can’t build a real company unless you have people.
- Judge majored in business at TCU in the late 90’s early 2000’s.
- Judge started a web design and development company in college.
- Judge went personally bankrupt in his first business.
- Recurring revenue is powerful and necessary to business.
- A lot of people want to be entrepreneurs but they aren’t willing to sacrifice.
- Judge’s second business was a digital marketing company and then he started growing and flipping companies.
- What Judge’s next step will be.
- Why personal branding is important.
- Many current CEO’s are missing the personal branding element.
- When you have a personal brand you’re more accessible and people are more interested in you.
- If you have a true personal brand it’s easier to start doing the next thing.
- You have to be authentic and you have to choose a side.
- Believe in growth culture but try not to copy anyone.
- Who you know is more important - you have to know your stuff but without the network it doesn’t matter.
- On the internet, you can get access to almost anybody - reach out and be thoughtful.
- Super successful people like to give.
The Random Round:
- What profession other than your own do you think it would be fun to attempt?
- Professional football
- If you could sit on a park bench with anyone past or present and talk with them for an hour, who would it be and why?
- How do you like to consume content?
- Judge’s favorite audiobooks:
- Mastering the Rockefeller Habits
- Judge’s morning routine:
- Wake up and pray/meditate
- Work out
- Attack what he needs to accomplish
- Be very mindful of his time
- What is your go-to pump up song?
- Something from Eminem
- What is something you’re not very good at?
- Not coordinated
- What is one place online where we can find Judge the most?
- All his social handles are @judgegraham
3 Key Points:
- Who you surround yourself is who you become.
- Personal brand is critically important.
- If you’re worried about everyone liking you then you won’t have anyone who loves you.
- “You can’t win until you know what it feels like to fail.” -Judge
- “If you want to be successful in any business you need to fully commit so there isn’t a choice, you’ll either win or lose.” -Judge
- “Your personal brand attracts who it should attract.” -Travis