292: Topic | Real Estate with Grant Cardone, Cole Hatter, and Brandon Turner
Grant Cardone, New York Times Best Selling Author and $1 Billion owner of real estate, Cole Hatter from Thrive, and Brandon Turner from Bigger Pockets talk to your host Travis Chappell about real estate investing and what you need to know to make active or passive income by investing in real estate.
- Grant Cardone
- Multiple NYT Bestselling author.
- Manages a fund with over $1 Billion in real estate properties.
- You do not want to buy a house to live in, it’s a liability.
- Grant only buys multi-family real estate, sometimes offices.
- Vegas is great for multi-family but not for houses.
- Cole Hatter
- Runs the Thrive event and is a real estate investor and trainer.
- Has taught over 5,000 hours of real estate training.
- Cole was a firefighter and found real estate accidentally.
- He became a real estate agent and then quickly became a real estate investor.
- How Cole raised money to become a real estate investor.
- Asset-based lending looks at the deal but not the borrower.
- Nothing comes easy and Cole spent all day every day looking at the MLS.
- Brandon Turner
- Host of the Bigger Pockets podcast - the largest real estate investing podcast.
- You have to understand as a whole what real estate actually is.
- Listen to some real estate podcasts.
- You do not need to reinvent the wheel when it comes to real estate investment.
- Brandon has built all of his portfolios using none of his own money.
- How to live for free and be in rental real estate for free.
- The three things you need to put together a real estate deal (you only need two): knowledge, hustle, and money.
3 Key Points:
- You do not want to buy a house to live in it’s not an investment, it’s a liability.
- You do need money to be a real estate investor, but it doesn’t need to be your money.
- If you want it bad enough you can make it happen no matter what.
- “You do not need to buy a house - one door is not an investment, it’s a liability.” -Grant
- “I only want to buy what pays me every month.” -Grant
- “If you bring someone a deal with enough margin, lenders will look at the asset and care less about the financials of the borrower.” -Cole
- “The more tools you have in your toolbox, the bigger deals you can take on in real estate.” -Brandon
- Visit Travis’ website at Buildyournetwork.co
- Learn more about mentorships and masterminds for FREE at freemmcourse.com/enroll
- Connect with anyone you want to connect with at travischappell.com/masterclass
- Try ZipRecruiter for free at ziprecruiter.com/byn
- Connect with people who are difficult to reach with Meet Your Hero at travischappell.com/heroDownload the Himalaya App in the App Store or Google Play.