298: Topic | Adding Value Part 1 with Brian McRae, Amy Portorfield, and Jon Gordon
Brian McRae, founder of Mastermind St. Louis, Amy Porterfield, from the Online Marketing Made Easy Podcast, and Jon Gordon, author of The Power of a Positive Team talk to your host Travis Chappell about adding value to people. Learn how adding value to people will benefit you and your business in the long run.
- Brian McRae
- Brian runs a really large meet up every month in St. Louis and is a mortgage broker.
- A great question to ask is “tell me how you got started?” to glean wisdom from people.
- Brian followed up with emails, handwritten notes, and other personal ways to get business in the mortgage world.
- Before the market correction, Brian focused on building his business and didn’t do sub-prime.
- Amy Porterfield
- Amy is a fantastic internet marketer and a master at digital course creation.
- How an Instagram influencer provided value and ended up on high profile podcasts.
- Find your own ways to support people, asking them is the lazy way.
- Jon Gordon
- Multiple best-selling author and has written 15 books.
- His clients include the LA Dodgers, Atlanta Falcons, Campell’s Soup, Dell, Southwest Airlines, and more.
- The thing that creates influence the most, is value.
- Jon wanted to give up several times because he felt his speakin didn’t have impact.
- Jon was driven more by love than fear and had the determination to create and add value.
- Jon still gives free talks today when it feels right.
- You have to take one core message and go deep and then wide.
3 Key Points:
- If you can’t get business from someone ask them how they got to where they are.
- If you go to add value and you don’t get a response, don’t get discouraged, get creative.
- Value creates influence.
- “I just wanted to focus on building my network, I didn’t want to worry about administrative things.” -Brian
- “I’m not going to tell people how they can support me, that’s a bit of a lazy way to make connections.” -Amy
- “My greatest value came when I was adding value to others.” -Jon
- Visit Travis’ website at Buildyournetwork.co
- Learn more about mentorships and masterminds for FREE at freemmcourse.com/enroll
- Customize the top 5 people in your network and level up your inner circle at travischappell.com/explode
- Listen to The Jordan Harbinger Show at jordanharbinger.com/subscribe
- Make sure all of your basics and beyond are smartly designed with and get 20% off at mackweldon.com enter promo code TRAVIS.
- Connect with people who are difficult to reach with Meet Your Hero at travischappell.com/hero
- Download the Himalaya App in the App Store or Google Play