299: Freestyle Friday | Book Review: How to Get a Meeting with Anyone
Your host Travis Chappell reviews one of the best networking books he’s ever read, How to Get a Meeting with Anyone. The book has practical strategy you can implement right away. The book gives away some of the behind the scenes secret stuff.
- The book is very similar to everything Travis teaches but written more for C-level executives and salesmen looking to get to those execs.
- Travis is about the newer ways of building relationships.
- Contact marketing campaigns can have 100% success rates.
- You need to do your research - send people personalized things that always make it through.
- Executive assistants are your friends, not your enemies.
- It’s not favor for favor, you still need to add value with no expectation of return.
- Contact marketing and building relationships can work the same way.
- Everyone is looking for the short cut, do your research.
- Make sure that you respect the hierarchy that’s in place and be valuable to the executive assistants.
- “Most marketing campaigns have around a 1% success rate, so anything more than that should draw your attention.” -Travis
- “It’s important to send people something specific to get your foot in the door.” -Travis
- “It’s not just a numbers game, it’s a quality game.” -Travis
- Visit Travis’ website at https://www.travischappell.com
- Visit TravisChappell.com/YouTube and subscribe.
- Download the Himalaya app free in iTunes and Google Play
- Learn how to grow your network on your terms FREE at travischappell.com/explode
- Book Recommendation: How to Get a Meeting with Anyone by Stu Heineke
- Listen to The Jordan Harbinger Show at jordanharbinger.com/subscribe
- Change the way you think about credit with Petal at petalcard.com/network
- Consume content easier and anywhere with Audible at audible.com/network
- Book Recommendation: Giftology by John Ruhlin
- Connect with people you respect and admire at travischappell.com/hero