#3 - My Family of 3, All Living with T1D!
TAKING CONTROL OF YOUR DIABETES – THE PODCAST! ...With Expert Endocrinologists Living with T1D, Drs. Steven V. Edelman & Jeremy Pettus
My Family of 3, All Living with T1D! – Featuring T1D Supermom Laura Dunn
Questions We’ll Cover in This Episode:
• What’s it like to be a mom living with type 1? What’s it like to have a child living with type 1?
• What lessons did you learn as a kid with type 1 that affect how you do things with your kid?
• How did you meet your husband who also has diabetes?
• What were your initial thoughts on screening for T1D? Why did you ultimately decide to get your son tested? What was the process like?
• What were your emotions when you found out he tested positive for the antibodies? Were you glad to have the info?
• What was it like when your son was diagnosed with T1D?
• What would you tell other parents who are considering getting their kids screened for T1D? What happens if a child tests positive for the • antibodies? Is there anything the family can do?
• How do you find a balance with your son between good control and not having to be perfect?
To get screened for T1D: https://www.type1tested.com/
To get involved in T1D Research (Trial Net): https://www.trialnet.org/
To get involved in T1D Research (JDRF): https://www.jdrf.org/impact/research/clinical-trials/
**Tune in for 2 new episodes each month! Like what you hear and want to help us grow? Please rate and review this podcast so we can reach more people living with diabetes!**
★ Support this podcast ★