3 Things I Would Tell My Teenage Self
It’s easy to look back and think of all the things you’d do differently in your teenage years, isn’t it? Maybe there are some small things you’d change … you wouldn’t have worn so much makeup or pushed yourself to do better in math. Or perhaps the people you thought were your best friends led you to make decisions that now you’d do much differently.
As an adult, hindsight is 20/20. But what if we made the choice today to look back at the decisions we made and believe that although we can’t change them, God can use them?
In today’s episode of the Proverbs 31 Ministries Podcast, author and speaker Chrystal Evans Hurst shares a message titled, “3 Things I’d Tell My Teenage Self.” In this episode, you will…
- Realize that you are loved as you are, and you don’t have to clean up your mistakes to receive God’s love.
- Find comfort in knowing the very struggle you face today is developing in you the strength you need for tomorrow’s battle.
- Stop believing the lie that at some point you will “arrive” and start believing that your journey will always be a process that requires time and trust.
- Purchase Chrystal’s latest book for teenage girls called, “Show Up For Your Life” from Proverbs 31 Ministries. Every purchase you make from our online bookstore helps us fund ministry resources, just like this podcast!
- Subscribe to our Encouragement for Today devotions and receive relevant, biblical inspiration in your inbox every weekday.
Click here to download the transcript for this episode.