3 Ways to Raise God-Following Adults
Do you ever wonder if all the things you do for your children is even making an impact? If the wisdom we try to impart actually sticks or if we’re really cut out for this “mothering” job after all? Proverbs 22:6 says, “Train up a child in the way he should go, and when he is old he will not depart from it.” As parents, this Scripture sounds promising, but being in the “thick of it” is tough!
Lysa TerKeurst deeply understands this feeling! In this podcast episode, she invites you in on a conversation between her and her three adult daughters where you'll hear a raw, honest, family conversation about raising children and what it was like being raised in the TerKeurst home.
To read the transcript for this episode click here.
- A bad parenting moment today doesn’t make you a bad parent forever.
- Creating an environment in your home for conversations that have a gentle balance of grace and truth will help your children be more open to sharing.
- Keeping your children talking, connected and reminded about God throughout the small things every day will help you raise up not only a good child, but a God-honoring adult.
- Sign up for our FREE Encouragement for Today devotions filled with daily, biblical encouragement to help you filter life through God’s Word.
- Purchase Am I Messing Up My Kids? by Lysa TerKeurst through Proverbs 31 Ministries. Full of practical ideas, short Bible studies and plenty of encouragement, this inspiring resource will help moms to realize that — with God’s wisdom and mercy — they can experience peace and satisfaction while raising their kids.