3. Dwayne Fields, from Rural Jamaica to Inner City London
In this episode I talk to Dwayne Fields who arrived in London as a six year old boy who had never seen a multi story house or a double decker bus before. Hear how hard it was for him to settle in which resulted in him following the crowd until one day a terrifying incident shook him into remembering who he really was at the core of his soul and spurred him on to become an adventurer and a positive role model for the youth of today.
- The trials of moving to a different country and culture
- Growing up in inner city London
- Violence and retaliation
- Adventures in nature and to the North Pole
- The Scout movement and giving back
The BeGlad Movement podcast is free to listen to but if you would like to help support me in raising funds for the Samaritans you can do so here https://www.justgiving.com/fundraising/beglad
See acast.com/privacy for privacy and opt-out information.