302: Freestyle Friday | How to Have Clarity in Your Goals
In this episode of Freestyle Friday, your host Travis Chappell talks about how to get clarity in your goals. When was the last time you sat down and made sure you were still on track to hit your goals? Learn why it’s important to recalibrate early and often.
- You have to ask yourself whether your goals are important to you.
- Take the time to ask yourself four questions:
- What’s the truth about where you are?
- Write down your one-year goals.
- Write down why these goals are important.
- Write down the capabilities you need in order to achieve your goals.
- You need to be aware that you may not currently be the person who can achieve your goals.
- Start on the trajectory you want to be on even if it doesn’t make sense in the here and now.
- Be honest with yourself when you set your goals.
- The more clarity you have in your life the more fulfilled you will be.
3 Key Points:
- Know the truth about where you are with your goals right now.
- Set goals in terms of looking back on the next year.
- Times of hardship are the reasons that you should stay on track and keep working toward your goals.
- “Too many people are chasing after something that other people think is important.” -Travis
- “Write down your goals as a year from now looking backward.” -Travis
- “If your why is strong enough you’ll find out the how.” -Travis
- Visit Travis’ website at https://www.travischappell.com
- Visit TravisChappell.com/YouTube and subscribe.
- Download the Himalaya app free in iTunes and Google Play
- Learn how to grow your network on your terms FREE at travischappell.com/explode
- Connect with people you respect and admire at travischappell.com/hero