303: Joel Marion Part 2 | $0 to $100 Million in Sales in ONE Year?
This is the second part of the interview with Joel Marion, the co-founder and CMO of BioTrust Nutrition, with over $600 million in sales. In this section, Joel Marion shares how he transitioned from teaching in high school into the business that he runs now, how he connected with some of the top marketers in his space to achieve his many magnificent milestones, and how he scaled his supplement company from zero dollars to $100 million in sales in the first full calendar year. Joel also grew his email list from zero to 20 million subscribers, and an additional one up to 3 million subscribers.
- Travis Chappell introduces the accomplishments of Joel Marion.
- What are the best practices for building a large email list?
- How do you create a good lead magnet?
- Scale happens from cracking the ‘viral’ code or by paying for traffic.
- What is more important: what you know or who you know?
- Joel Marion got to know the top 20 vendors on ClickBank in his category.
- Be a likable person and work your way into important people’s lives by adding value.
- Many members of Joel’s business circle have transitioned into personal friends.
- What other professions would Joel like to get into?
- If he could talk to anyone, dead or alive, who would Joel want to talk to?
- How does he like to consume content?
- Study what is working.
- About 8 years ago, Joel made between $5,000-$6,000 per email send for his supplements with an email list of over $200,000.
- Does Joel have a morning routine?
- Joel says he is good at making a list of things that will move the needle and getting them crossed off.
- What is his go-to pump-up songs?
- Is there something that Joel feels he is not good at?
3 Key Points:
- Nobody is signing up for a free newsletter at this point. It is way oversaturated.
- Business is all relationships. You even have to build relationships with your customers.
- The launch of Joel’s health and fitness product led to becoming the largest launch in fitness history at that time, doing $350,000-$450,000.
- “Nobody wants to be on another email list. Period. But, if you’ve got a good enough ‘ethical bribe’ on the front and a ‘lead magnet’ then people will still give you their email address.” – Joel Marion
- “I knew the business that I was getting into, which was healthy and fitness publishing. So, I went to the largest marketplace for health and fitness publishers, which was ClickBank, ClickBank.com.” – Joel Marion
- “Your knowledge is useless unless you have people to support that.” – Joel Marion
- Visit Travis’ website at Buildyournetwork.co
- Join the Build Your Network Facebook group BYN.media/fb
- Join the Build Your Network University Facebook group here byn.university
- Leave a rating and review for the Build Your Network Podcast on iTunes
- Watch Travis’ free masterclass on how to build the network of your dreams at threenetworkingsecrets.com
- Get equity-free investments from Clearbanc at clearbanc.com/travis
- Try ZipRecruiter for free at acast.com/privacy