304: Topic | Top Networking Tips Part 1 with Mark Wade, Brendan Kane, and David Meltzer
During this episode, you will have access to some top-level networking advice from three highly experienced gentlemen: Dr. Mark Wade, Chief Scaling Officer at HustleandScale.com and the Creator of Virtual Summits Software, Brendan Kane, Author of OneMillionFollowers.comand Growth Hacker at Katie Couric Media, and David Meltzer CEO and Co-Founder of Sports 1 Marketing, Executive Producer & Judge of Entrepreneur Elevator Pitch and Host of The Playbook Podcast. Dr. Mark Wade, Brendan Kane, and David Meltzer share their advice for better relationship-building, how not to be that annoying person at industry events, and why you need to be adding value first and foremost.
- Travis Chappell introduces the accomplishments of Dr. Mark Wade, Brendan Kane, and David Meltzer.
- Why is networking so important to Dr. Mark Kane?
- Relationships should be a value exchange.
- What awkward experiences has Mark gone through with other people?
- How did Brendan Kane get started in the entertainment industry?
- How has making connections led to a bigger career opportunity?
- Brendan shares how he connected with Taylor Swift.
- Why does Brendan hate the term ‘networking?’
- Think before you speak.
- David Meltzer shares the two most important questions to ask for relationship-building.
- Does David believe that who you know is more important than what you know?
- Is there a way that rubs David the wrong way when people try to connect with him?
- What are the four ways to network?
3 Key Points:
- Always be relationship building and building upwards beyond your level.
- Networking is about providing value to someone, not extracting something out of them.
- Put faith in the future instead of putting faith in the past.
- “You are either adding value or you are not.” – Dr. Mark Wade
- “Everything I do is connections-based. It is how I have had success over the course of my career, forging strong connections and providing value to those connections.” – Brendan Kane
- “There are two questions to build a relationship, one: starting with ‘how can I be of service? Provide value. Two: ask for help. Do you know anyone who can help me with this?” – David Meltzer
- Visit Travis’ website at Buildyournetwork.co
- Join the Build Your Network Facebook group BYN.media/fb
- Join the Build Your Network University Facebook group here byn.university
- Leave a rating and review for the Build Your Network Podcast on iTunes
- Watch Travis’ free masterclass on how to build the network of your dreams at threenetworkingsecrets.com
- Get equity-free investments from Clearbanc at clearbanc.com/travis
- Try ZipRecruiter for free at ziprecruiter.com/byn
- Download the Himalaya App in the App Store or Google Play
- Dr. Mark Wade: acast.com/privacy