305: Freestyle Friday | 3 Things You Need In Order to Start a Podcast
In this episode of Freestyle Friday with your host Travis Chappell, he discusses a subject that means a lot to him for obvious reasons: podcasting. He shares the three things that you need to start a podcast. Be sure to stick around for the bonus fourth step for success as well.
- Travis Chappell introduces the topic of podcasting.
- Why do you need a ‘blue ocean’ for your podcast?
- What does ‘blue ocean’ mean as it pertains to podcasts?
- What type of mic does Travis use for his podcast?
- Be into your podcast for the long-term.
- You should get a coach when you start a podcast.
3 Key Points:
- Niches can become too specific to the point that they become limiting.
- Use minimal equipment for your podcast.
- Having a successful podcast takes patience.
- “You need a blue ocean. A lot of other people will say it is your avatar, it's your ideal listener, it's your niche, whatever name you want to give it.” – Travis Chappell
- (Microphone) “This setup that you are looking at right here is just an ATR2100 USB from Audio Technica.” – Travis Chappell
- “The goal is to monetize quickly, and that is true. But not to the point where that is your only goal from the beginning.” – Travis Chappell
- Visit Travis’ website at Buildyournetwork.co
- Join the Build Your Network Facebook group BYN.media/fb
- Join the Build Your Network University Facebook group here byn.university
- Leave a rating and review for the Build Your Network Podcast on iTunes
- Watch Travis’ free masterclass on how to build the network of your dreams at threenetworkingsecrets.com
- Get equity-free investments from Clearbanc at clearbanc.com/travis
- Try ZipRecruiter for free at ziprecruiter.com/byn
- Download the Himalaya App in the App Store or Google Play