308: Sixth Gen VHS Tape from a Prog Rock Convention
This week, a conversation with Joel Meyerowitz inspires a discussion around legacy and whether art of a specific time has a shelf life of relevancy, aesthetic or otherwise. Also, what’s more valuable as a photographer, being a generalist or focusing (no pun) on one subject, area, or technique? Plus a few words about enthusiasm with 600+ hours in the rear view. Jacko Vassilev is our Photographer of the Week.
Links for this episode:
- Ami Vitale on Instagram: “Photo by @amivitale With a heavy heart, I share this news and hope that Sudan's legacy will awaken us to protect this magnificent and…”
- Ryan Weideman, the NYC Taxi Driver and Street Photographer
- The Candid Frame #412 - Joel Meyerowitz — ibarionex
- 5by5 | On Taking Pictures #30: Entrances Confused with Dead Ends
- Joel Meyerowitz: Where I Find Myself: A Lifetime Retrospective
- About the S-System // Leica S-System // Photography - Leica Camera AG
- Alden Men's 405 - Indy Boot High Top Blucher Workboot - Brown Calfskin
- Adobe Creative Cloud prices will increase April 16th, Photography Plan will stay the same: Digital Photography Review
- G-RAID with Thunderbolt 2 | G-Technology
- Jacko Vassilev Photography - Bulgaria
- Jacko Vassilev | Harper's Magazine
This episode is brought to you by Squarespace - Build an amazing website and get 10% off with offer code 'OTP'