310: Topic | Top Networking Tips Part Three with George Sheppard, Alyshia Ochse, and Craig Ballantyne
George Sheppard, lead singer of the band called Sheppard, Alyshia Ochse, an actress who's been on numerous shows including "Ballers" with Dwayne Johnson, and Craig Ballantyne, author and one of the best online marketers in the game give your host Travis Chappell their best networking tips.
- George Sheppard
- The importance of networking and relationships for artists.
- Allowing natural, genuine connections to occur is the key for George
- The positives of being a "Yes Man."
- Aha Moment: was really incremental but through genuine close connections, a song being added across all networks at once changed the game.
- Alyshia Ochse
- Planting the seeds, nourishing the ones that yield true relationships.
- Always focused on connecting with people that are genuinely better than me
- Find your people and it always pays off.
- It's important to protect your integrity.
- Looking back, Alyshia wishes she would have planted more seeds.
- Who you know is more important for Alyshia, because who you know is also who you are.
- Craig Ballantyne
- Networking has been a lot of my net-worth
- People that I've met have allowed me to overcome my anxieties, and be a better leader.
- Craig shares that being from a small town and broke, he had every excuse to stay in that bubble.
- Tips for those that have introverted tendencies.
- Go with a position of strength and ask simple questions: Your name, what do you do, what are you super excited to learn here?
- The key to great relationships is listening and repeating back a summary of what they said.
- Change your mindset about the space you are about to walk into.
- Who you know is going to lead you to what you need to know.
- Position of Strength is an underrated aspect of networking.
3 Key Points:
- Be willing to be a "yes man" to experiences that allow for natural connections to develop.
- Plant seeds early, and genuinely connect with those that are better than you.
- Try and figure out how to have that "position of strength" so that your networking connection can go deeper.
- “I'm always on the lookout for cool and interesting people...I'm gonna meet some cool people and there's gonna be some opportunity that comes out of it.” - George Sheppard
- “Find your interests, find what gets you excited in life, and then go and find people that are doing that.” - Alyshia Ochse
- “Hang around people that make you play up a level in life.” - Craig Ballantyne
- Visit Travis’ website at Buildyournetwork.co
- Learn more about mentorships and masterminds for FREE at freemmcourse.com/enroll
- Get your tickets for Travis new live event in Vegas at bynlive.com
- Alyshia Ochse
- Craig Ballantyne - “Perfect Day Formula”, “Unstoppable”
- Download the Himalaya App in the App Store or Google Play
- Shop easy, with smartly designed men’s clothes by Mack Weldon at acast.com/privacy