311: Poseidon Giveth and Poseidon Taketh Away
This week, a look inside four Instagram photographers who reveal the “contact sheets” behind some of their images. Turns out it can take quite a few shots to get that perfect selfie or lifestyle pic. Also, the start of a broader discussion around social media and the number of “subs” or follows as the real barrier on entry into making a living as a photographer. Also, trouble on the high seas costs one of us a lens. O. Winston Link is our Photographer of the Week.
Links for this episode:
- 4 Instagrammers Show Us How Many Photos They Took Before Nailing 'The Shot' | HuffPost
- Blackmagic Pocket Cinema Camera | Blackmagic Design
- DaVinci Resolve 15 – Fusion | Blackmagic Design
- Disneyland music- Haunted Mansion ride audio part 1 - YouTube
- Ruggard Desiccant Silica Gel Pack (40 g): Amazon.com: Industrial & Scientific
- O. Winston Link's Steam Locomotive Photographs - The New York Times
- O.Winston Link - Artists - Danziger Gallery
- (952) Pinterest
- O. Winston Link - Wikipedia
- PHOTOGRAPHY LESSON WITH JOHN FREE - YouTube
- The Station Agent - Wikipedia
This week's show is sponsored by Simple Contacts. Renew your contact lens prescription with our doctor-designed vision test and reorder your lenses — from anywhere, on your schedule. Use code OTP for $30 off your next purchase.
and by FreshBooks cloud accounting software. Remember to enter "On Taking Pictures" in the where did you hear about us box when signing up for your free 30 day trial.