312: Yahya Bakkar | How to Become a Professional Speaker
Yahya Bakkar is family man, speaking coach, and online business consultant. He's been paid to speak on over 500 stages, such as TEDx, Harvard, and Yale. He shares about how to get started in anthing and how to do it effectively, why you should join a mastermind, and the value of building confidence.
- Yahya, the junior olympic champion in Taekwondo
- Shifting from fighting to training.
- What it takes to go from college drop-out to motivational speaker in 1 year.
- The importance of "environment" in growing the "seed" that you are.
- Yayha's advice for overcoming "imposter syndrome."
- How the speed of imperfect action feeds into confidence and success.
- Why committing to less can grow your self-confidence.
- Putting yourself out there is the key to growing in who you are.
- The key to overcoming the fear of public speaking.
- Getting started: The way to become a better version of who you are.
- The importance of committing to "the process."
- The principle of "failing faster."
- Why investing in mentors and masterminds is critical to your success.
- The formula for why investing in masterminds is a "no-brainer."
- Relationship Currency: understanding the value of time vs the value of money.
- Yahya's Superpower: having the courage to act.
- Who you know, or what you know: what you do with who you know
- The Random Round: another profession that would be fun to attempt, who would you spend an hour with sitting on a park bench, how do you like to consume content, glimpse of morning routine, go-to pump-up song, what are you not good at.
3 Key Points:
- You are in control of your own environment and what causes you to grow.
- You don't need to be perfect to make an impact, you just need to get started.
- Relationships are always more valuable than money.
- “I was always on the quest for truth, I was always in the process of self-discovery.” - Yahya Bakkar
- “You just need to give yourself the courage to be imperfect in public.” - Yahya Bakkar
- “Conficence comes with knowing who you are and who you're not.” - Yahya Bakkar
- "Pressure creates diamonds, so pressure can create the most powerful work." - Yahya Bakkar
- "We live in an age of info-besity. People are consuming too much information, and not doing enough implementation." - Yahya Bakkar
- Visit Travis’ website at Buildyournetwork.co
- Join the Build Your Network Facebook group BYN.media/fb
- Join the Build Your Network University Facebook group here byn.university.
- If you want to amplify your network through podcasting apply at travischappell.com/coaching
- Follow Yahya Bakkar on Instagram
- Blueprint to become a “World Class” speaker at www.worldclassspeaker.com/blueprint
- Download the Himalaya App in the App Store or Google Play
- Leave a rating and review for the Build Your Network Podcast on iTunes
- Watch Travis’ free masterclass on how to build the network of your dreams at acast.com/privacy