313: No One Wants To Be In A Cover Band Forever
This week, we’re circling back to an earlier discussion around style and whether you choose your style (and maybe even overall aesthetic) or your style chooses you. Also, do you recognize the point at which emulating or being inspired by your artistic heroes became something more unique? Plus, planned obsolescence, photography in video games and do we really need a digital 8x10 camera? Ara Güler is our Photographer of the Week.
Links for this episode:
- Popular YouTuber Says Apple Won't Fix His iMac Pro Damaged While Disassembled | MacRumors Forums
- God of War - Photo Mode
- LargeSense LS911 is the first full frame 8×10 digital single shot camera | Photo Rumors
- Flickr bought by SmugMug as Yahoo breakup begins | Technology | The Guardian
- Is Ryan Kelly's Pulitzer Prize-winning Photograph an American 'Guernica'?
- SmugMug: Protect, Share, Store, and Sell Your Photos
- Ara Güler
- The Eye of Istanbul | Trailer | Available now - YouTube
- They Might Be Giants Istanbul Not Constantinople - YouTube
- Lost Istanbul: 1950s and 60s - Photographs by Ara Güler | LensCulture
This week's show is sponsored by FreshBooks cloud accounting software. Remember to enter "On Taking Pictures" in the where did you hear about us box when signing up for your free 30 day trial.