316: Nice Sallah There
This week, a pre-show discussion about Tom Petty and crafting the perfect pop song leads into our sense memories around specific film stocks. It sounds strange, but there’s a throughline there if you give it a chance. Also, is Instagram just one big performance art piece? Plus, a listener question prompts a discussion around objective vs subjective challenges and moving the needle. Jojakim Cortis and Adrian Sonderegger are our Photographers of the Week.
Links for this episode:
- Runnin' Down a Dream (film) - Wikipedia
- How Tom Petty and Prince led parallel careers.
- Process Driven - Jeffery Saddoris
- Tom Petty Legacy Netflix Documentary Music Influence
- Ian Wright
- 13 Color and Black and White Film Stocks Compared - YouTube
- Totally Rad! | Totally Rad Home
- Enhance enhance: Using machine learning to recover lost detail from upscaled photos / Boing Boing
- Google Photos will soon be able to colorize old photos - The Verge
- Free Photo Editor | Polarr: Smart Photo Editing
- Amalia Ulman's Instagram art and selfie culture - CNN Style
- Bill & Ted 3 officially happening with Keanu Reeves, Alex Winter | EW.com
- The Meaning Of Work : TED Radio Hour : NPR
- Amalia's Instagram (@amaliaulman) • Instagram photos and videos
- CORTIS & SONDEREGGER
- Jojakim Cortis und Adrian Sonderegger - Ikonen on Vimeo
- CORTIS & SONDEREGGER "ICONS" - exhibition at EAST WING / DUBAI - YouTube
- Artist talk with Adrian Sonderegger and Jojakim Cortis about ICONS - YouTube
- Cortis & Sonderegger - 21 Artworks, Bio & Shows on Artsy
This episode is brought to you by Squarespace - Build an amazing website and get 10% off with offer code 'OTP'