319: Avoid These Common Newbie Mistakes! Hard-Earned Lessons from Nathan Brooks
How does finding and closing 15 deals a month sound? Today’s guest shares exactly how his team does just that!
Returning guest Nathan Brooks goes into detail about how he built a turnkey business that consistently finds and closes deals on a large scale. He also shares great info regarding how he uses the DISC profile to understand himself and his team members, his three-step process for rehabbing homes, and why he always has at least two sets of eyes on every deal.
Plus, he reveals what he wishes he had done differently in the beginning and how to alternate between a “10,000-foot view” of your business and being on the front line. You also won't want to miss his discussion about mistakes newbies should avoid.
Nathan is a long-time investor with a heart-felt passion for helping others succeed. If you want to grow your real estate business, be sure to check out the incredible advice and encouragement he shares in today’s episode!
In This Episode We Cover:
- How Nathan uses the DISC profile to understand himself
- What he would have done different if starting his business again
- His three-step process for rehabbing homes
- Why he always uses two sets of eyes on every deal
- How he utilized meetups to grow his business
- How his team is buying 12-15 deals a month
- His rule for replacing anything that doesn’t have a 10-year life span
- Mistakes for newbies to avoid
- How to alternate between a big picture view and daily activities to lead to success
- How he handled his nightmare flip
- And SO much more!
Links from the Show
- BiggerPockets Forums
- BiggerPockets Webinar
- Seth Godin
- BiggerPockets Podcast 313: How to Be Happy AND Grow a Massive Business with Entrepreneur Jesse Itzler (and Josh!)
- Tony Robbin's DISC Test
- How to Use the DISC Profile To Communicate Effectively in Business
- BiggerPockets Podcast 087: How to Thrive After The Collapse of a Real Estate Empire with Nathan Brooks
- BiggerPockets Podcast 260: The Ultimate Guide to Negotiating (for the Negotiation-Averse) With Former FBI Hostage Negotiator Chris Voss
- BiggerPockets Podcast 232: The Four Lead Sources Nathan Brooks is Using to Flip 120 Houses a Year
- BiggerPockets Podcast 159: How to Build a Real Estate Business That Buys 60 Deals a Year with Nathan Brooks