32 - Breathing Life Back Into Old Homes & Investing in the Community with Ryan François from Rally Cap Properties
This week's guest is Ryan François from real estate development company, Rally Cap Properties. Ryan’s journey to real estate is a bit unconventional. He studied civil engineering and architecture at Iowa State University and after graduation, he became a mountain guide and then worked for a tech startup. After recognizing an itch in himself to do something a little bit more entrepreneurial, Ryan started investigating real estate.
He started flipping houses in Des Moines with one of his college friends as a side gig in 2014. They quickly realized there was a strong demand and that they could start a viable business. One of their first projects was reposted on the For the Love of Old House’s Facebook page and their business blew up with both media attention and inquiries. After appearing on local news channels, they sped up the process of their business organization so that they’d be ready to start fielding requests from potential clients. Since then, Ryan has been renovating homes in the Des Moines area and is eager to continue making a difference in the community.
Tune in for topics like:
- The journey from civil engineering & architecture to real estate
- Ryan’s career journey and pivots
- How a side gig of flipping homes turned into a full time job
- What to do when your post goes viral
- How the Covid pandemic has impacted Rally Cap Properties
- Where to start learning everything you need to know about real estate development
- Ryan’s future plans for Rally Cap Properties
Links from the episode:
- For the Love of Old Houses Facebook Page
- Rally Cap Properties Website
- Rally Cap Properties Instagram
- Rally Cap Properties Facebook
- Local Business School - doors are open, sign up today!
- So You Wanna Start A... series YouTube Channel
- Follow me (Emily Steele) (Love Local) on Instagram for a little business + a little life, and a whole lot of positive energy!