#32 The triad of health, performance and body composition; and intermittent fasting with Performance Nutritionist Sinead Roberts.
When it comes to our health, following good advice is crucial - but with an overwhelming volume of information around weight loss, exercise and dieting, it’s easy to see where people make mistakes.
Joining me today is established Sports Performance Nutritionist and returning guest to the show, Sinead Roberts! Coming back for a second time, Sinead shares her expertise on a few different topics including; body composition, physical and athletic performance, and intermittent fasting.
We dive into the specifics of the triad of health, performance and body composition and give advice on why listening to your body and capabilities is so important when approaching a new fitness goal. Adherence is one of the key things to consider when creating a routine that works for you and it’s important not to feel discouraged by comparing yourself to where other people are at on their journey. We also discuss the compromises that come with building on physical fitness, what nutrient density is all about, and what we know about intermittent fasting.
To hear more, tune in to Episode 32 of Fitness UnFiltered!
Some Questions I Ask:
- What do some of the trade-offs around body composition and workout culture look like? (14:23 )
- How do clients that come to you with super aggressive goals respond when you tell them to break it down into smaller steps? (19:37 )
- What advice would you give to my listeners on how to monitor their general overall health? (23:33 )
- Could you talk about the performance aspects of nutrition? (27:47 )
- What are some things you can do to reduce the need to compromise aspects of the wellness triad? (31:01 )
In This Episode You Will Learn:
- Some background on Sinead Roberts (1:25 )
- Sinead’s breakdown on health, performance and body composition (4:29 )
- The health and nutritional compromises that come with body composition (6:13 )
- The misconceptions and ingrained thought patterns we’ve learned surrounding food and exercise (8:01 )
- What ‘intermittent fasting’ refers to & How its been studied within sport and wellness communities (33:45 )
Connect With Sinead Roberts:
- ‘Fitness UnFiltered’ Episode 11 - ‘Macronutrients, micronutrients, hydration and the supplements backed by scientific evidence with Biologist Sinead Roberts of Feed Fuel Perform’
- ‘Fitness UnFiltered’ Episode 30 - ‘Pelvic floor health for competitive athletes with Strength coach and Pelvic Floor Specialise Rachel Smith’
See acast.com/privacy for privacy and opt-out information.