32. Keith Abel, founder of Abel & Cole - People are the most important thing in business
This week on Conversations of Inspiration, Holly meets Keith Abel, founder of Abel & Cole.
A successful and well loved entrepreneur, Keith started his entrepreneurial journey as a salesman selling potatoes door to door, where a chance encounter led him to discovering organic vegetables.
At a time when everything grown was covered in chemicals, Keith quickly realised people would pay more for organic, chemical-free produce and so Abel and Cole was born, over 30 years ago.
Leading the way in subscription models, Keith shares his business lessons, recounting his highs and lows with a huge dose of humour and charm. But shining throughout, is Keith's passion for nurturing and supporting talent, as well as his commitment and belief that in order to build a successful company, you must also build a strong, passionate team around you.
Conversations of Inspiration is brought to you with support from NatWest: visit natwestbusinesshub.com for information, tips and insights to help business owners meet their goals.
- Jim Carrey's Commencement Address at the 2014 MUM Graduation https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=V80-gPkpH6M
- Conversations of Inspiration episode 19 with Freddie's Flowers https://holly.co/podcast/freddie-garland-freddies-flowers/
- In five years’ time…Royal Mail’s subscription box report unveils key trends for success in the market https://www.royalmailgroup.com/en/press-centre/press-releases/royal-mail/in-five-years-time-royal-mail-s-subscription-box-report-unveils-key-trends-for-success-in-the-market/
- Keith mentions the laundry subscription service SMOL https://smolproducts.com/
- He also mentions houseware brand Joseph Joseph https://www.josephjoseph.com/en-gb/about-us
Follow Holly on Instagram: instagram.com/hollytucker/?hl=en