#320: Hands-On BRRRR Investing and DIY Secrets with Instagram Star Brittany Arnason
Imagine building a business around work you’d do for free. Sound pretty great?
Today’s guest has done just that, and her story may change the way you think about investing. Brittany Arnason is a 26-year-old who’s converted her talent for hands-on work into a cash-flowing, 10-unit rental portfolio.
In this episode, Brittany shares how she learned the business of real estate and construction as a small child, bought her first property for $25,000, and worked on it herself to save money and learn the business.
She goes on to reveal her DIY secrets for adding value at minimal cost, how she applied skills she learned at her 9 to 5 to make her a more successful investor, and how she operates as a woman in a male-dominated industry.
Brittany has an incredible energy, spark, and passion for real estate, and it is infectious. Don't miss how she uses creative strategies to finance her deals and the BRRRR method to fund unlimited projects.
This is an episode that will leave you pumped up and ready to go get your next (or first) deal. Download it today!
In This Episode We Cover:
- How Britt got her first rental property at the age of 18!
- Quitting her job as a power engineer
- Pros and cons of doing your own work
- The Lifeonaire Strategy
- Things that make a huge impact in a property
- Using personal line of credit to fund deals
- What is a Step Up mortgage
- Doing BRRRR strategy with her boyfriend
- Finding deals through realtors and MLS
- How she learned DIY skills from the internet
- And SO much more!
Links from the Show
- BiggerPockets Forums
- BiggerPockets Webinar
- Brandon's Instagram
- David's Instagram
- Chip Gaines
- Joanna Gaines
- BiggerPockets Calculator
- Rehab Estimator Calculator
- BiggerPockets Podcast 254: Tim Ferriss on Real Estate, Becoming a Top Performer and His Tribe of Mentors
- Gary Vaynerchuk on Finding Deals Through Social Media & Crushing It as an Entrepreneur