322: Topic | Who or What Part Three with Zack Friedman, Chris Voss, and Ryan Levesque
Zack Friedman, author of "The Lemonade Life", Chris Voss, author of "Never Split the Difference", and Ryan Levesque, author of the best-selling book "Ask" and new book "Choose", share with your host, Travis Chappell, their thoughts on "who you know" and "what you know."
- Zack Friedman
- "Who you know" has the ability to offer something to the "what you know" down the road.
- Be Authentic: Remember that we are all humans and connect with them in that way.
- Never be afraid to talk to someone, no matter how "big" they are.
- Chris Voss
- Both! Who you know may not matter if you don't know anything.
- What you know must fit the situation.
- Why preparation and research are so important to your presentation.
- Why it's critical to speak to small groups in the same way you address large groups.
- Building another person's vision.
- Ryan Levesque
- Who you know: It's impossible to amass all the knowledge you need in business.
- Successful people have "one move."
- An Example of finding a mentor: the connection with Dr. Glenn Livingston.
3 Key Points:
- Authenticity is the key to building meaningful relationships.
- Who you know doesn't matter unless what you know brings value to the conversation.
- Become your mentor's #1 student.
- “What value can I offer to someone else, how can I create impact, how can I make their life better?” - Zack Friedman
- “Who you know is useless without understanding the value of the introduction.” - Chris Voss
- “My one move is to find a mentor in the space that I want to be in, and I become my mentors #1 student.” - Ryan Levesque
- Visit Travis’ website at Buildyournetwork.co
- Learn more about mentorships and masterminds for FREE at freemmcourse.com/enroll
- Get your tickets for Travis new live event in Vegas at www.bynlive.com
- “The Lemonade Life” by Zack Friedman
- “Never Split the Difference” by Chris Voss
- “Ask” and “Choose” by Ryan Levesque
- Download the Himalaya App in the App Store or Google Play
- Get more free content from Travis at threenetworkingsecrets.com