325: Topic | Who or What Part Four with Tom Bilyeu, Mark Brazil, and Joel Marion
Tim Bilyeu, Co-Founder of Quest Nutrition who's now starting Impact Theory, Mark Brazil, Co-Founder of canvas art company Iconick, and Dean Graziosi, a natural networking extraordinaire, share with your host, Travis Chappell, their thoughts on "who you know" and "what you know."
- Tom Bilyeu
- What you know, but it would be a mistake to discredit who you know.
- How to impress those you want to impress.
- What it takes to build the skillset for creating relationships.
- How to "level up" your networking associations.
- Mark Brazil
- Definitely What you know. You can know people, but not have value to add.
- Why there is always a place for the smart guy.
- How connections can help you "push through the wall."
- The importance of helping people without the expectation of a transaction.
- Dean Graziosi
- Creating relationships with people of influence.
- Reciprocity is the key to everything: How to add value to others.
- What you know: the "who" won't come without the "what."
- Competency: permission to network with others.
3 Key Points:
- Do great research to impress those that you are wanting to network with.
- Connections are best made when "transaction" is not the expectation.
- Reciprocity is the engine of the universe: Doing simple things for other people will come back to you.
- “If they know I've really broken myself in half to add value, some percentage will do it.” - Tom Bilyeu
- “The most defensible thing in any market is intelligence and skills.” - Mark Brazil
- “Do for someone first, expecting nothing in return.” - Dean Graziosi
- Visit Travis’ website at Buildyournetwork.co
- Learn more about mentorships and masterminds for FREE at freemmcourse.com/enroll
- Get your tickets for Travis new live event in Vegas at www.bynlive.com
- Get Mint Mobile at a fraction of the cost at www.mintmobile.com/travis
- Download the Himalaya App in the App Store or Google Play
- Get more free content from Travis at threenetworkingsecrets.com