329: Freestyle Friday | How to Network at Events
In this episode of Freestyle Friday, with your host Travis Chappell, he shares the high level "blimp view" of how to network at events. Simple things that can help differentiate you from others when networking.
- The re-emergence of email as the primary platform for marketing.
- Why Live Events are the future for networking.
- 3 keys to networking at live events: preparation, other events, and let others talk.
- How to cultivate your social media for positivity
3 Key Points:
- You can never overlook the importance of personal connection.
- Never under-estimate the importance of preparation.
- How you make people "feel" is way more important than what you say.
- “Email is the only thing that we truly own, have, and can keep.” – Travis Chappell
- “People will never, ever, ever remember what you say, but always remember how you made them feel." – Travis Chappell
- Get your tickets for Travis new live event in Vegas at www.bynlive.com
- Shop easy, with smartly designed men’s clothes by Mack Weldon at www.macwheldon.com and use promo code “travis” at checkout for 20% off
- Learn how to network at events at www.travischappell.com/yes
- Visit Travis’ website at Buildyournetwork.co
- Join the Build Your Network Facebook group BYN.media/fb
- Join the Build Your Network University Facebook group here byn.university
- Leave a rating and review for the Build Your Network Podcast on iTunes
- Watch Travis’ free masterclass on how to build the network of your dreams at threenetworkingsecrets.com
- Download the Himalaya App in the App Store or Google Play