33 — Friday Fix: Uncover and Change Your Self-Limiting Beliefs So You Can Reach Your Greatest Potential
Our beliefs influence our thoughts, emotions, and actions. However, many of our core beliefs are inaccurate and can limit our potential. Many of our beliefs stem from things we learned in childhood that aren't necessarily accurate.
But those beliefs often turn into self-fulfilling prophecies.
Fortunately, there are a few simple strategies that can help you uncover unhelpful core beliefs. Once you identify them, you can begin to challenge them.
Some of the things I discuss:
- How self-limiting beliefs can hold us back and become self-fulfilling prophecies.
- What you can learn about your thought patterns by writing down what you think.
- The question you can ask yourself to reveal hidden core beliefs.
- How to challenge your self-limiting beliefs.
- How to give yourself a different perspective.
- How changing your beliefs can change your life.
Sign up for Mentally Stronger Premium - Ask Amy questions, get exclusive bonus episodes, and access to the Mentally Stronger private community.
Email the show = Podcast@AmyMorinLCSW.com
Check out my books on mental strength
Follow Amy on Instagram - @AmyMorinAuthor
Pre-order 13 Things Mentally Strong Couples Don't Do and get a free month of therapy at BetterHelp
Learn more about your ad choices. Visit megaphone.fm/adchoices