331: Topic | Who or What Part Six with Evan Carmichael, Ed Mylett, and David Meltzer
Evan Carmichael, a business Youtube master with over 2 million subscribers, and Ed Mylett, a personal mentor with incredible insight, and David Meltzer, the CEO of Sports One Marketing and producer of "Elevator Pitch" share with your host, Travis Chappell, their thoughts on "who you know" and "what you know."
- Evan Carmichael
- What you know gets you to who you know.
- Networking for Introverts: A story of a connection Evan had that led to a great opportunity.
- Ed Mylett
- Both critically important, but to pick one: what you know.
- A story of a connection Ed had let to a great opportunity.
- Thoughts on the times when you are down.
- The importance of continuing to put in the work.
- David Meltzer
- Top relationship tips.
- "Who you know can give you opportunity even though you don't know what."
- The wrong "way" when trying to connect with people.
- David's #1 piece of advice for building a network.
- The 4 skills to develop in 2019.
3 Key Points:
- Find ways to create interactions where people will talk to you.
- Bringing value to others is critically important.
- The key to growing your relationships is to ask for help and learn and execute on the "what."
- “If you're buried in the corner at the event, head down, nobody's gonna want to talk to you.” - Evan Carmichael
- “If I'm willing to do the things that other people are willing to do, I'm eventually going to get the things other people aren't going to get." - Ed Mylett
- “Put faith in the future, don't put faith in the past” - David Meltzer
- Visit Travis’ website at Buildyournetwork.co
- Learn more about mentorships and masterminds for FREE at freemmcourse.com/enroll
- Get your tickets for Travis new live event in Vegas at www.bynlive.com
- Download the Himalaya App in the App Store or Google Play
- Get more free content from Travis at threenetworkingsecrets.com