337: Topic | Mindset Shift with David Meltzer, Trent Shelton, and Tim Storey
David Meltzer, author of Connected to Goodness; Trent Shelton, author of The Greatest You; and life coach Tim Storey share with your host, Travis Chappell, their thoughts on "who you know" and "what you know."
- David Meltzer
- If you’re doing something you don’t enjoy, you can still derive purpose out of it in order to cultivate passion for it.
- If you don’t understand what’s going on, try to understand it and put faith into what you want out of the situation.
- Trent Shelton
- Once he realized that motivational speaking was his passion, he reached out to coaches to improve his skills and dove right into video creation.
- Being consistent results in people trusting you and results in shareability of your content.
- Consistency also means you will inevitably grow and get better at what you do.
- Tim Storey
- Don’t focus so much on making choices and decisions that you close yourself off from discovery.
- People often know they’re going to be successful, but the question is how you will get there and where you’ll end up, which is where discovery comes in.
- Some confidence is innate, but the other factors are environmental.
3 Key Points:
- Learning what you want and finding your passion and purpose will inspire others, who will do the same and inspire more people, creating a chain of impact.
- Consistency is the most necessary ingredient in whatever you do.
- Confidence is both innate and cultivated by your environment.
- “It’s what we infuse light into. It’s how we find the light. In fact, if you hate somebody or you disagree with someone, the easiest thing to do is find a light, find something you do like about them, look for the positive side.” –David Meltzer
- “Consistency means reliable, and when you’re reliable you become trustworthy.” –Trent Shelton
- “Even if it’s not innate, if you’re shy, if you’re the kid that was bullied, get you around the right environment and we’re gonna get the right results.” –Tim Storey
- The Greatest You by Trent Shelton
- Visit Travis’ website at Buildyournetwork.co
- Learn more about mentorships and masterminds for FREE at freemmcourse.com/enroll
- Get your tickets for Travis new live event in Vegas at www.bynlive.com
- Download the Himalaya App in the App Store or Google Play
- Get more free content from Travis at threenetworkingsecrets.com