339: Rod Khleif | How to Bounce Back from Losing $50 million
Rod Khleif is a multiple business owner and philanthropist who has owned over 2,000 apartment buildings. He has experienced his net worth dropping from $50 million to zero and then rebuilding. Rod shares
- Rod’s family immigrated from Holland when he was 6 years old and they didn’t have much money.
- Rod learned that most of your success comes back to mindset.
- Build relationships with people who think that what you do is easy when you think it’s hard so you can glean tips from them.
- If you’re willing to do what other people won’t do, you’ll find success because you’ll be getting results no one else is.
- Find a moment where you’re energized, awake, and well-hydrated to sit down and write every goal, from the practical to the seemingly insane, that you want to achieve in your lifetime, and who you want to help.
- Set a timeline for each of those goals, or else it isn’t a goal, and then identify your top goals and write a paragraph about why that goal is absolutely essential and non-negotiable.
- Also identify the pain points and consequences of not achieving those goals, because we will do more to avoid pain than we will to achieve pleasure.
- The most successful and happiest people start giving back as soon as possible and shift the focus away from their own egos.
- To build a brand, you have to add value to people’s lives.
- By giving away content for free, you learn what resonates with people and therefore what to monetize.
- Who you know allows you to free up brain space because you don’t have to learn and know everything when you have people you can ask and use as resources.
- The Random Round: a quick series of random questions to get to know Rod.
3 Key Points:
- Never achieve a big goal without having more goals lined up for the future.
- Success is defined by giving back once you achieve.
- The biggest non-negotiable skills for success are sales, marketing, and curiosity.
- “There are people that think that what you think is hard is so freaking easy.” –Rod Khleif
- “As human beings, we will overestimate what we can do in a year, and massively underestimate what we can do in ten years.” –Rod Khleif
- “Your network is your net worth.” –Rod Khleif
- Rod Khleif: Website, Podcast
- The Five Love Languages
- The Slight Edge
- Turning Pro
- The One Thing by Gary Keller
- Visit Travis’ website at Buildyournetwork.co
- Join the Build Your Network Facebook group BYN.media/fb
- Join the Build Your Network University Facebook group here byn.university.
- If you want to amplify your network through podcasting apply at travischappell.com/coaching
- Download the Himalaya App in the App Store or Google Play
- Leave a rating and review for the Build Your... For information regarding your data privacy, visit acast.com/privacy