34 - Creating a Sustainable Gender Neutral Nail Salon with Rachel Daily and Kristin Owen from ‘Cure Studios
In this episode, Emily chats with Rachel Daily and Kristin Owen, the owners of ‘Cure Studios in Austin, Texas. ‘Cure Studios is a waterless nail salon created for busy people who still want to practice self care. It’s a business built on intention designed to be a place that feels welcoming to all people, especially those who haven’t traditionally felt comfortable at a nail salon like men or those in the LGBTQ+ community.
Rachel and Kristin still have day jobs they love. Rachel is a Product & Implementation Manager at Stitch Fix, and Kristin is the Co-Founder/COO/CRO at DoStuff. They met in Austin, Texas, and eventually decided to go into business together. In this episode, Rachel & Kristin discuss their business partnership and how they came up with the idea for their brand. They are candid about some of the struggles that have happened along the way but their true passion for what they’re creating seeps into every part of the conversation. Emily chats with them about the elusive work-life balance, self care, and what it means to create a brand in 2021.
Rachel and Kristin are powerhouses dedicated to creating a space where people feel seen, heard, and appreciated, all while sprucing up their nails. They also have done the work to implement more sustainable practices into their salon and are continuously looking for more ways to do even better. Their vision for what ‘Cure Studios can be is inspiring. Don’t miss out on this episode!
Tune in for topics like:
- Ins & outs of business partnership
- Rachel & Kristin’s experience hiring the right team members
- Why using water for manis and pedis is an issue in the nail industry
- How they chose the products they carry at the salon
- The impact of personalized care for clients
- How to be be intentional in every step of the process
- The vision for Cure Studios in the next 5-10 years
Links from the episode:
- Cure Studios Instagram
- Cure Studios Website
- So You Wanna Start A... series YouTube Channel
- So You Wanna Start A… Blog posts