34. Leading By Example - Heather Sager
Heather helps entrepreneurs structure their ideas, clarify their message and hone their speaking skills so they can deliver magnetic live presentations, videos and workshops that grow their authority. Before starting her company, she was an executive at a top management firm in healthcare. Heather lives in Portland, OR with her husband and two young sons (who definitely test her communication chops daily).
Topics discussed in this episode:
- Trust your own internal compass - know how to trust yourself
- Stand up for what is in alignment with the goals of the organization - you or your company
- Leadership Principle - Intentionality - with your feelings, your energy, your relationships and your attitude.
- Key Habit - Take the time to SET your intentions before your interactions.
To become a better leader:
- Be willing to tell your story. Telling our stories makes us better leaders.
- Find clarity - around your vision, values and intentions.
- Enlist others to help create it.
The #1 skill that will allow you to grow and succeed is the ability to communicate.
Resources mentioned in this episode: (As an Amazon Associate I earn from qualifying purchases)
- THSS Podcast Ep #58 - How To Come Up With A Bank Of Story Ideas For Your Content - https://www.heathersager.com/blog/58
- FREE TRAINING FOR ONLINE ENTREPRENEURS: How to Confidently Nail Your Message on Podcasts, Live Streams & Other Virtual Stages so you can focus more on making an impact and building your authority and LESS on obsessive planning or second guessing what you say - www.heathersager.com/speak
Where to find Heather:
Facebook Community: Influential Speaking for Online Entrepreneurs,
Podcast page: https://heathersager.com/podcast
Dive in deeper with this totally free masterclass for entrepreneurs who want to speak on live & virtual stages. How to Build Authority as a Speaker WITHOUT Second Guessing What You Say. Get Instant Access here.
Do want to be part of a community that practices, encourages and supports being Intentionally Optimistic? Join me over in the Intentional Optimists Facebook Group
Support the show (https://www.buymeacoffee.com/AndreaJohnson)
Noom: A Mindful Way to Eat
Learn how to intentionally challenge your mindset in order to take control of your health.
Disclaimer: This post contains affiliate links. If you make a purchase, I may receive a commission at no extra cost to you.