341: Freestyle Friday | How to Talk to High Level People
In this episode of Freestyle Friday, your host Travis Chappell shares tips for making the most of a first impression and how to carry that through to build a real relationship.
- Once you meet a high-level person, you need to make use of that connection and capitalize on the good impression you made.
- Travis shares how he learned from leaving a bad first impression with a high performer millionaire in his industry.
- Talk across to people, not up to them.
- Respect people’s time.
- Don’t ask the first questions that occur to you.
- Look for ways to add value for the other person.
3 Key Points:
- Talk across to people, because talking up to them will subconsciously position you as being at a lower level.
- You won’t create a relationship with someone after one meeting.
- All of these tips are ways to make sure you are respecting people’s time, which will make you more memorable.
- “If it’s the first through fifth question that came up into your head, it’s probably something that somebody has asked them in the last 24 hours. So maybe just do a little bit of digging, a little bit of research.” –Travis Chappell
- Get your tickets for Travis new live event in Vegas at www.bynlive.com
- Shop easy, with smartly designed men’s clothes by Mack Weldon at www.mackweldon.com and use promo code “travis” at checkout for 20% off
- Learn how to network at events at www.travischappell.com/yes
- Visit Travis’ website at Buildyournetwork.co
- Join the Build Your Network Facebook group BYN.media/fb
- Join the Build Your Network University Facebook group here byn.university
- Leave a rating and review for the Build Your Network Podcast on iTunes
- Watch Travis’ free masterclass on how to build the network of your dreams at threenetworkingsecrets.com
- Download the Himalaya App in the App Store or Google Play