342: Mike McCarthy | Building a Real Estate Empire
Mike McCarthy is the author of "Tribe of millionaires", Co-Founder of GoBundance, and the regional owner of Keller Williams. His brokerage has over 9,000 agents with over 50 locations and is projected to do over $15 billion in real estate transactions this year. He shares about the consequences of not networking and the recipe for true/lasting transformation.
- Mike's background as an s.o.b and journey into real estate.
- Entrepreneurship: Born or Bred?
- Instilling the entrepreneurial spirit in others.
- The vision and purpose of FamBundance.
- Why the path of entrepreneurship went through college.
- The path after college: assisting in dad's business.
- Was College helpful?
- What it takes to be a leader.
- The importance of continuous learning.
- Why it's critical to be around the "right" people.
- Who you know or what you know?
- The consequences of not networking with the "right" people.
- The ideas and concepts in the book "Tribe of Millionaires."
- The 6 effects of getting around the "right" people.
- Mike's favorite "effect": Authenticity
- The Random Round: a quick-hit question and answer session.
3 Key Points:
- It's critical to always be learning and willing to change as a leader.
- It's important to be around the "right" people as you learn and grow.
- The effect of authenticity generates true connections to impact real change.
“You're never really ready to lead, you always have to be willing to change as a leader” - Mike McCarthy
“Who you know teaches you what you know.” - Mike McCarthy
“I know that I would not be where I am today without the support of these guys.” - Mike McCarthy
- Tribe of Millionaires Website
- GoBundance and FamBundance
- Visit Travis’ website at Buildyournetwork.co
- Join the Build Your Network Facebook group BYN.media/fb
- Join the Build Your Network University Facebook group here byn.university.
- If you want to amplify your network through podcasting apply at travischappell.com/coaching
- Get cleaner air with Molekule. For $75 off, visit Molekule.com and enter promo code: Travis
- Download the Himalaya App in the App Store or Google Play
- Leave a rating and review for the Build Your Network Podcast on iTunes
- Watch Travis’ free masterclass on how to build the network of your dreams at threenetworkingsecrets.com