343: What Linux is Best At
We try the Mac desktop for 30 days, find out what we think it does best, and where Linux will always have it beat.
This episode kicks off the start of a bigger conversation series.
Plus community news, very handy picks, and more.
Special Guests: Alan Pope, Maria Komarova, and Michael Aaron Murphy .
- GNOME Shell 3.36 release Looking Great
- Firefox 75 On Wayland Now To Have Full WebGL, Working VA-API Acceleration - Phoronix
- Don’t forget about DST!
- FOSS Talk Live - June 20th at The Harrison near King’s Cross in London
- Keep the conversation going join us on Telegram
- Late Night Linux – Episode 84 – Late Night Linux
- How Docker Makes All Linux Distros Look Alike - Container Journal
- Docker Desktop for Mac - Docker Hub
- Docker Desktop for Windows
- Simon Ferquel on Twitter: “We just updated @docker desktop edge channel with a build supporting Windows 10 Home Insider (you need WSL2 to run it on Home). So happy to see this at last!” / Twitter
- Yong Sheng on Twitter: “running #docker on #wsl2 from a fresh reboot of #windows10 20H1: 9 sec startup, 1.1gb of ram, no hyper-v MobyVM required. passthrough support into my existing ubuntu wsl instance. been waiting for this for years! https://t.co/6ernWi4Hoz” / Twitter
- Chris Tries a Mac and it Makes him Think
- Steam Survey Updated For February 2020 With Latest Linux Figures - Phoronix
- Carl Richell on Twitter: Pop!_OS tiling is shaping up nicely. We’re hoping to have a 20.04 beta release available in about a month.
- pop-os/shell: Pop!_OS Tiling GNOME Extension
- catt - Cast All The Things allows you to send videos from many, many online sources to your Chromecast.
- The Silver Searcher - A code searching tool similar to ack, with a focus on speed.
- Ripgrep - ripgrep recursively searches directories for a regex pattern