344: “No Money” Real Estate Investing with Gabriel Hamel
Over 25 seller financed deals in a few short years! Today’s guest, former service member (and diamond pushup world record holder) Gabriel Hamel, sits down with Brandon and David to share how he built a portfolio of over 140 units (in an expensive market) using creative methods and seller financing to make deals where other investors miss them!
Gabriel shares how he started investing in a tough market and used sub-prime lending (successfully) to house hack his first few properties. He gives some awesome advice on approaching sellers with seller financing proposals, structuring the offers, and showing them how it’s a win-win. He also gives great advice on finding gentrifying markets, walking away from closings with money in his pocket, and applying a mindset to real estate investing that helps him succeed in all aspects of life! Gabriel has very practical, down-to-earth, useful advice and shares it willingly.
This is an episode for both newbies and experienced investors to download today!
Listen to the full episode here: http://biggerpockets.com/show344
In This Episode We Cover:
- Started with sub-prime lending and it worked out
- House hacked his first and second home
- Owns 140 units now
- How he got started buying properties in a scary market from 2009-2012
- Why he began with seller financing
- How he found his first off-market deals
- Seller financing wizardry
- What he looks for in improving neighborhoods
- How he’s been able to walk away with cash at closing—better than no money
- Why he focuses more on terms than just price
- His advice for having a success mindset in ALL areas of life
- What he looks for in a deal
- How he scaled to over 100 units
- And SO much more!
Links from the Show
- BiggerPockets Forums
- BiggerPockets Youtube Channel
- Brandon's Instagram
- David's Instagram
- Want to host your own BiggerPockets podcast? Pitch us!